Tuesday 11 June 2013

Ooh Ooh - we got a TATTOO

Getting a tattoo is a big decision, and something that my best friend Chloe and I have been thinking about for a long time.
If you've ever read our blog (and if you haven't, you can do by clicking here), you'll know that a little while ago we decided 2013 was going to be our year, and we devised a bucket list.
Mostly, it consists of small things, but there are a couple of large ones. The first of which, is 'Get a tattoo'.
So we did.


As much as we were joking about being nervous and pulling silly faces, it's fair to say that I've never been more terrified of anything. Ever. As Chloe can vouch for, I'm not a quiet person, but for the hour leading up to it I did not stop talking. Utterly ridiculous.

I babbled while Tony was putting out designs together

And I giggled incessently while we signed our lives away.

Chloe was kind enough to let me go first. Largely because I think if I had seen her in pain, I just wouldn't have gone through with it.




Clearly, I'm really coping with the pain well.

Halfway through Chloe's boyfriend James, and my brother, Jack, came to check in on us.
They were too sweet. They bought us sugary drinks, and chatted away to take my mind off the pain.
Just under an hour later, it was done. I fell in love.

Next up, it was Chloe. The bravest girl I know.
The amount I was wincing, moaning and swearing would have been enough to put most people off. But not Chloe Satch.

Still smiling, she takes to the chair!

And here's a little picture just to proove that I wasn't THAT much of a wuss. It hurt her too!
But, strangely, the pain was entirely worth it. Tony from South Coast Tattoo did a fantastic job, and was so kind to us throughout.

Happy faces with our post-pain euphoria!



I think I speak for both of us, when I say this is something we'll never regret.
Each of us picked something very meaningful to ourselves. I won't divulge Chloe's, or go into too much soppy detail, but each flower on my foot represents someone, or a situation thats important to me, or shaped who I am as a person.
Chlo and I also got matching leaves, to symbolise our friendship. N'aww. So cute!

And with that, we were cling-filmed up and sent on our way!
So obviously, we went to our favourite pub. Jack bought us celebratory Pimms and Chloe took a cheeky tatoo selfie in public. Shameless!







1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh this makes me want new ink even more haha, i really want a foot tattoo x

    ReplyDelete