Monday 13 May 2013

Hwyl fawr y pub lwc! Bye Bye Cardiff!

So the reason there's been a bit of a delay in popping up the latest blog entry, is because once again, I've moved house!
I'm on a certain contract at the moment that means that every 6 months, I get to try a slightly different job, and I get to try living in a different city.

So right now, I am writing you this from my new flat in Manchester. There's been a few complications, in that I am currently sitting on a hardwood floor to write this as the landlord has decided he's reluctant to give me any furnishings. But despite my temporary state of homelessness (ish - potentially a rather large exaggeration), I'm very excited to be here!

When I first moved from London to Cardiff, I was very upset. I was settled, I had friends, I had a nice flat. I've never been great at being out of my comfort zone, and I've always been a home-bird. Moving across the border seemed terrifying. But I pushed myself, and despite the first few weeks being insanely challenging, I now have no regrets whatsoever!
Six months has flown by, and I really miss the city, the job, and the people already. It's shocking to think that I've only known some of them for a handful of months.

So in the spirit of how fantastic it was, here's a few lot of photos of the people, parties and events that made it so utterly brilliant:


My stunning walk to work!
Admittedly, it was never normally this sunny. But when it was - oh my. Fantastic.


Cardiff Winter Wonderland! 
 


One of many nights at the local with the girls from the newsroom.
Space Helmet night was one of the best!
 


Six Nations - Wales v Ireland
Cardiff's known for being a good night out, but add Wales winning their first match of the Six Nations, and lots of rugby fans that have been drinking all day, and you have an adventure and a half, and a lot of new friends on your hands!

  

Barry Island
Been here once before, several years ago, before everything was 'Gavin & Stacey' themed. This time, we went for my birthday, in the cold, in March. We ate chips and ice-cream, and played Pirate Crazy Golf.
I don't think I've laughed so hard in such a long time.

 



The start of the goodbyes!
The first goodbye was with the first friends I made in Cardiff - sadly no Space Helmet this time, but a speech over a Karaoke machine in the BBC Club instead. Classic!

Katy-Jane lost a bet!
The One Show love a good sweepstake, and the latest one was dependant on where I would get moved to next. Katy-Jane, picked Manchester, and so came into the office on my last day dressed like this. Whatta babe.

Goodbye The One Show!
It's rare you get on so well with your colleagues, but this team are just fantastic!
Matt and Katy organised a bowling trip for my leaving do, and honestly, it was one of the best nights out I've had in a long time. Bittersweet ending - so much fun with such amazing people, but so sad to be saying goodbye!



  


 




There are so many more photos and people that I could have included, but these are the highlights!
Hwyl Fawr Caerdydd - I'm so sure I'll be back soon!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see I made it into this post, even though I was only in Cardiff for two days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But in fairness, that was one of the best days! You should be honoured - Beamont hasn't made the cut unfortunately!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete