Sunday 14 April 2013

Easter Fun!

Having grown up going to Church every Sunday, Easter has always been one of my favourite times of year. At school, we had a two week holiday, and this year, even though I was working, I took my leave over that week and gave myself a ten day Easter holiday. And it was fantastic.

 I'm going to go as far as to say that Easter 2013 has been my favourite Easter of all time (Except for maybe the original Easter. That was pretty important too...) and there are several reasons why....


1. Becky's Hen Do

Becs is an old friend of mine from school and college, and after bonding quickly over ridiculous media studies lessons, McDonalds, and Wham(!) we became close friends, and have remained that way for years. She's fantastic, and so obviously I couldn't wait to celebrate her engagement!

Her hen do was perfect - Becs through and through! In the day time, we went to a cupcake decorating lesson, followed by a game of Mr and Mrs (with her lovely fiancee on Skype link!), a limo ride, a beautiful meal, a few glasses of bubbly, and rounded of nicely with a cup of tea at the Roberts house.

Easily one of my favourite days of the whole year, let alone just Easter.

2. Belated Birthday celebrations and catching up with my favourites.

I'm a complete home bird, so having the luxury of spending ten whole days catching up with the people I miss the most, was a treat and a half!
Nathan and Chloe both managed to take time off work, and our evenings were full of pub quizzes, tin time and one particularly aggressive game of Monopoly!
Mum and I had a hot cross bun bake off (which we both lost - none were edible. Not one), and after a day of attempting to find the perfect wedding outfit, and an unfortunate incident in which somehow my mothers make up bag got run over (don't ask) Piero decided to get his ear pierced....in the window of Claire's Accesories!



3. The day Becs Robs became Becky Shoebridge!
The day Becky married her lovely fiancee Russ was just beautiful. The happy couple looked stunning, and the weather even managed to stay dry - nothing short of a marital miracle!

We laughed, we cried, we drank champagne, we danced and most of all, we celebrated with the Shoebridges!



No comments:

Post a Comment