Wednesday 28 November 2012

What's Occcurrrrinnngg??

I started working at the BBC coming up to two months ago now, and in honesty, I loved it!

I met eleven other lovely girls who are on the same training scheme as I, and we all got on really rather well. We shared three blissful weeks of Production Coordinator training, which included highlights such as an accidental fire in the kitchen during our health and safety seminar, a huge disappointment when we didn't get to meet George Entwistle (I bought a dress especially) and The Hash Brown Challenge.

But after our three weeks together, we were all sent off to various parts of the country. 6 stayed in London, 2 went to Glasgow, 2 went to Salford, and Karmen and I went to Wales.

We moved to Cardiff (with only two weeks notice) at the end of October, and since then, life has been a whirlwind! I'm now working in News & Current Affairs. When I told Sam this, he burst out laughing, and then gave me his AS Level Politics notes so that I could learn something in advance of my new position.

I live with a lovely lady called Luned, who also works at the Beeb, and likes baking - bonus!
However, nothing will ever be the same as my London life. In 18 months I will undoubtedly return there and hopefully pick up where I left off. But for now, I feel like I'm living in 'Gavin and Satcey'- I live in Cardiff (so, not too far from Barry!) and Laurie lives in Essex.

I'll be blogging again soon with all sorts of Christmas related beauty and fashion posts, and if that doesn't tickle your fancy maybe you should check out the blog I just started with my best friend, Chloe Satch.

www.satchelfullofsalt.blogspot.co.uk

It's all things crafty, bakey and makey!

Until next time,
Love and kisses,
Holly Salt

No comments:

Post a Comment