Tuesday 22 May 2012

Umberto Giannini Salon Straight

During a big old rummage through my four boxes of back-up toiletries (the overflow from the crammed bathroom cabinet) I stumbled across this little product. I bought this a while ago as product number three of a Boots 3 for 2 offer and haven't really looked at it since.

My hair is very thick, and very frizzy, and so when I found a successful means of taming it (GHD straighteners and LOTS of serum) I stuck to it.
But one Saturday, when I had a quiet afternoon of no plans I decided to test something new in the next stage of the ongoing 'find a quick and easy way to tame my lion's mane' mission.

This product from Umberto Giannini advertises itself as a 'Blow Dry Cream'. I followed the stylists tip on the back and towel dried all excess water from my hair before spreading this through evenly and blow drying.

 The cream itself is a lot watery than I was expecting, having expected a similar texture to a thicker serum but this was a real bonus as it meant it spread evenly, and didn't leave you with fear of a serum-y, overly-glossy clump. (We've all been there!)

Have to say, I was dead chuffed with the results. As you can see below in the before and after pictures, my hair is very naturally curly and thick, so to get this result without having to subject it to horrendous amounts of heat was very exciting.

BEFORE
AFTER
My poor hair gets put through a lot being straightened every day, and so I will definitely be using this product again to give it a well-earned day off.

The slight waves that it left my hair with meant it looked great styled with some salt spray to give it a tousled, straight off the beach look!

Hopefully this review will help anybody else with the same frizzy hair predicament as myself!
What products do you use to tame your mane, and give your hair a break from heat?

Love and kisses,
Holly Salts

2 comments: